A person can have a copy of all the available current state liens on property in
Greenlee County and find out the approximate amount of money required to purchase
a Certificate of Purchase (C.P.) by submitting a personal check, cashiers check
or money order for $50.00 made payable to "Greenlee County Treasurer", for a copy
of all years the amount would be $150.00. We can send you the information via e-mail,
disk or hard copy. Liens are placed on the parcels for non-payment of real property
taxes. The liens available are those that were not purchased at the last Tax Lien
Sale. The sale of these liens is a procedure set up by the State of Arizona
to assist the County Treasurers in the collection of real property taxes. This allows
counties, school districts and other taxing entities to receive funds for their
day to day operations. Some information you need to know:
- The interest rate for these liens is set at 16% simple interest prorated monthly.
Investment(s) shall accrue interest at the rate stated in the Certificate of Purchase
from the first day of the month following the purchase of the subsequent tax.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $5.00 for each Certificate of Purchase (C.P.).
- You are buying a lien, not the property.
- Anyone proving "equitable interest" in the property can redeem the property before
it is deeded.
- When a property is redeemed, you will be notified by mail, along with a check of
the amount due, including interest. The amount shall also be reported to the I.R.S.
- Subsequent tax can be paid after June 1st.
This inquiry is provided to give you information on purchasing a lien on delinquent
taxes only. Contact our office to confirm amounts before sending any money: