Use a metal-stemmed probe thermometer to check for the proper final cooking temperature
of your food. The following is the USDA recommended food cooking temperatures.
Eggs & Egg Dishes
- Eggs Cook until yolk and white are firm
- Egg dishes 160
Ground Meat & Meat Mixtures
- Turkey, chicken 165
- Veal, beef, lamb, pork 160
- Fresh Beef - Medium Rare 145 Medium 160 Well Done 170,
- Fresh Veal - Medium Rare 145 Medium 160 Well Done 170
- Fresh Lamb - Medium Rare 145 Medium 160 Well Done 170
- Fresh Pork - Medium 160 Well Done 170
- Chicken, whole 180
- Turkey, whole 180
- Poultry breasts, roast 170
- Poultry thighs, wings 180
- Stuffing (cooked alone or in bird) 165
- Duck & Goose 180
- Ham - Fresh (raw) 160 Pre-cooked (to reheat) 140
- Fin Fish Cook until opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Shrimp, lobster, crab Should turn red and flesh should become pearly opaque.
- Scallops Should turn milky white or opaque and firm.
- Clams, mussels, oysters Cook until shells open